So we had two crit lessons. One was with Leanne and the other with Nina.
Our crit with Leanne:
So we screened our music video of what we had so far. We have nearly finished editing however we have about five two second gaps we need to fill.
Leanne said she liked the idea however she thought the band scenes should have been filmed in a different location.
She also thought that the conept of the video did not fit with the song.

Our crit with Nina:
We had our crit with Nina and we showed her the same footage as Leanne.
Nina thought it was really good and she felt it looked like a music video promoting a film.
She thought the concept was very fresh and she loved the simplicity and basic look of our video and felt it worked well.

We was contemplating as to whether to put in split screens ect. however Nina said she thought it would make it look too 'profesional' and ruin the videos' creative and simple look.

We have taken all of our critisim and discussed what we thought is best to do with our video.
We have decided that the original idea and look we have developed was to make it very basic with an 'amatuer' feel.
Our idea has also been explained throughout all of our blogs and every idea has been explained as to why we are doing it.

More Editing.

So we have finished our rough cut and moved our video onto Final Cut Pro. Becky, Chelsea and I made a decision to add in some split screens to our video to give it a slightly faster and more up to date effect to it.
We had a training day in school so Chelsea and I came in to finish our editing and make some final 'tweeks' to it before we had our 'crit' session. However, when our video moved onto Final Cut Pro it had to be moved onto a different area of the computer as the memory was full on the other ones. So when we came in to do our editing we did not know the password for that area and the technision was not in that day and none of the teachers knew it either.
So we couldn't edit any that day and our video was not complete for our crit.


So we are in the process of editing. We are editing together a rough cut at the moment on iMovie. We aren't going to be adding effects or anything at the moment as when our rough cuts done we will then transfer it onto Final Cut Pro and will then begin to add the effects we would like.
We haven't experienced any hiccups yet and we seem to have enough footage for our film.
The footage looks just as we planned with a quite edgy, hand held effect on it as we had hoped for.

Filming Complete!

So our filming is finished! We re-shot the band scenes using more light and they came out very nice. The footage was a lot more clearer and it came out with quite and orange/dark contrast to it making it feel more real and 'band-like'.
We also filmed our outdoot scenes. We filmed on a cold but sunny day which made the footage look lovely. It was also quite frosty out and we got some beautiful shots of the sun beaming onto the 'band members'.
Our storyline did slightly change a bit as we only have two locations which are the bedroom and the park.
We filmed the outdoor scenes more hand held to give it a more 'home video' effect so it contrasts with the indoor footage which is more steady and less 'homely'.